How to set-up an automated Biobank?
Are you intending to apply automation in your biobank in short term or long term? Have you already thought about what it takes, how you prepare and how it will change your current organization?
If this is the case, this workshop might be valuable for you and offer lots of thoughts and collected experience from various such undertakings.
Questions we want to discuss include the following:
- What do I need to consider?
- Which questions will need to be answered?
- Which solutions are available out there?
- How can I mitigate risks?
- How do the requirements on my organization change when applying automated workflows?
- Where are the pit falls and what can I do to avoid them?
The workshop will be based on real life case studies to cover many relevant aspects to consider, when planning the set-up of an automated biobank. We will start from scratch and present ways to come up with initial requirements, how to efficiently proceed with investigations, sequences of action, aspects of tenders, implementation and think all the way through to finally going operational.
We will present information and best practices on the following topics:
- Key benefits of automated sample management over manual processes
- Selection of the appropriate size, type, and quantity of automated processing and storage instruments to satisfy biobank input and output needs over time
- Labware standardization, selection and sample preparation
- Facilities preparation
- Installation and commissioning processes
- LIMS integration and data management
- Workflow optimization
- Service and Maintenance considerations
The workshop is intended to be vendor neutral, but examples presented will focus on solutions offered by Hamilton Storage.